Recent Papers / Preprints
- M. Sheckells, T. M. Caldwell, and M. Kobilarov. Fast Approximate Path Coordinate Motion Primitives for Autonomous Driving. To be presented at the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2017 (pdf)
- M. Sheckells, G. Garimella, and M. Kobilarov. Robust Policy Search with Applications to Safe Vehicle Navigation. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2017 (pdf)
- G. Garimella, M. Sheckells, J. Moore, M. Kobilarov. Robust Obstacle Avoidance using Tube NMPC. Robotics Science and Systems (RSS), 2018. (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, Solvability of Geometric Integrators for Multi-body Systems, in Multibody dynamics: Computational Methods and Applications, 2014, (pdf)
- F. Demoures, F. Gay-Balmaz, M. Kobilarov, T. S. Ratiu, Multisymplectic Lie group variational integrator for a geometrically exact beam in R3, in Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 2014, (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, Nonlinear Trajectory Control of Multi-body Aerial Manipulators, Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems (issue on unmanned aerial systems), 2013, (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, S. Pellegrino, Trajectory Planning for Cubesat Short Time-Scale Proximity Operations, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 2013 (pdf)
- F. Jimenez, M. Kobilarov, D. M. de Diego, Discrete Variational Optimal Control, Journal of Nonlinear Science, 1-34, December 2012, (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, Cross-Entropy Motion Planning, International Journal of Robotics Research, 31(7), 855-871, 2012, (pdf)
- K. Flaßkamp, S. Ober-Bloebaum, M. Kobilarov, Solving Optimal Control Problems by Exploiting Inherent Dynamical Systems Structures, Journal of Nonlinear Science, DOI: 10.1007/s00332-012-9140-7, 2012, (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, J. E. Marsden, G. S. Sukhatme, Global Estimation in Constrained Environments, International Journal of Robotics Research, 31(1), 24-41, 2011 (pdf)
- A. Banaszuk, V. Fonoberov, T. A. Frewen, M. Kobilarov, G. Mathew, I. Mezic, A. Pinto, T. Sahai, H. Sane, A. Speranzon, A. Surana, Scalable Approach to Uncertainty Quantiﬁcation and Robust Design of Interconnected Dynamical Systems, IFAC Annual Reviews in Control, 2011.
- M. Kobilarov, J. Marsden, Discrete Geometric Optimal Control on Lie Groups, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 2011, 27 (4), 641–655. (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, D. Martín de Diego, S. Ferraro, Simulating Nonholonomic Dynamics. Boletin de la Sociedad Espanola de Matimatica Aplicada (SeMA), 50, 2010, pp 61-81. Arxiv
- M. Kobilarov, J. E. Marsden, G. S. Sukhatme, Geometric Discretization of Nonholonomic Systems with Symmetries. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems Series S, 2010, 3 (1). (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, K. Crane, M. Desbrun, Lie Group Integrators for Animation and Control of Vehicles. ACM Transactions on Graphics, 2009, 28 (2), 1-14. (pdf) (Note: this version corrects a typo in the definition of the principal connection from the published paper).
- G. Garimella, M. Sheckells, and M. Kobilarov. Robust Obstacle Avoidance for Aerial Platforms Using Adaptive Model Predictive Control. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2017. Errata 1 (pdf)
- G. Garimella, M. Sheckells, and M. Kobilarov. A Stabilizing Gyroscopic Obstacle Avoidance Controller for Underactuated Systems. IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2016. (pdf)
- M. Sheckells, G. Garimella, and M. Kobilarov. Optimal Visual Servoing for Differentially Flat Underactuated Systems. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2016 (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, Sample Complexity Bounds for Iterative Stochastic Policy Optimization, In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, 2015, pp. 3096-3104 (pdf)
- G. Garimella, M. Kobilarov, Towards Model-predictive Control for Aerial Pick-and-Place, In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2015, pp. 4692-4697 (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, Duy-Nguyen Ta, Frank Dellaert, Differential Dynamic Programming for Optimal Estimation, In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2015, pp. 863-869 (pdf)
- G. Chirikjian, M. Kobilarov: Gaussian Approximation of Non-linear Measurement Models on Lie Groups, in 53rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2014 (pdf)
- S. Mishra, M. Kobilarov, An Autonomous Proximity Navigation Testbed for Nanosatellites, Small Satellite Conference (SSC14 VII-7), 2014 (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, Discrete Optimal Control on Lie groups and Applications to Robotic Vehicles, In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2014, pp 5523–5529 (pdf)
- D. Ta, M. Kobilarov, F. Dellaert, A factor graph approach to estimation and model predictive control on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), 2014, pp 181–188 (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, Reduced Discrete Variational Multi-body Mechanics, ECCOMAS Multibody Dynamics conference, 2013 (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, Trajectory Control of a Class of Articulated Aerial Robots, International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems, 2013 (pdf) (Errata: the appendix proof is insufficient to show tracking stability, see the extended paper (pdf) for full details).
- M. Kobilarov, Trajectory tracking of a class of underactuated systems with external disturbances, American Control Conference, 2013 (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, Cross-entropy Randomized Motion Planning, In Robotics: Science and Systems (R:SS), 2011, Won the Best Paper finalist award. (pdf)
- T. A. Frewen, H. Sane, M. Kobilarov, S. Bajekal, K. R. Chevva, Adaptive Path Planning in a Dynamic Environment using a Receding Horizon Probabilistic Roadmap: Experimental Demonstration, proceedings of the AHS Specialists’. Meeting on Unmanned Rotorcraft, 2011. (pdf)
- S. Nair and M. Kobilarov, Collision Avoidance Norms In Trajectory Planning, American Control Conference, 2011.
- K. Flaßkamp, S. Ober-Bloebaum, Marin Kobilarov, Solving optimal control problems by using inherent dynamical properties, proceedings in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 2010, vol. 10-1, pp. 577–578. (link)
- S. Dubljevic, M. Kobilarov, and James Ng, Discrete Mechanics Optimal Control (DMOC) and Model Predictive Control (MPC) Synthesis for Reaciton-Diffusion Process System with Moving Actuator, American Control Conference (ACC), 2010, pp. 5694-5701. (pdf)
- Marin Kobilarov, Mathieu Desbrun, Jerrold Marsden, and Gaurav S. Sukhatme. A Discrete Geometric Optimal Control Framework for Systems with Symmetries. In Robotics: Science and Systems (R:SS), 2007. (pdf)
- Marin Kobilarov and Gaurav S. Sukhatme. Optimal Control Using Nonholonomic Integrators. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pages 1832-1837, Apr 2007. (pdf)
- Marin Kobilarov, Jeff Hyams, Parag Batavia, and Gaurav S. Sukhatme. People tracking and following with mobile robot using an omnidirectional camera and a laser. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pages 557-562, 2006. (pdf)
- Marin Kobilarov and Gaurav S. Sukhatme. Near time-optimal constrained trajectory planning on outdoor terrain. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pages 1833-1840, Barcelona, Spain, Apr 2005. (pdf)
- M. Kobilarov, Solvability of Geometric Integrators for Multi-body Systems, in Multibody dynamics: Computational Methods and Aplications, 2014, (pdf)
Refereed Workshop Papers
- M.Kobilarov “Discrete Geometric Optimal Control of Multi-body Systems”, in 8th European Nonlinear Dynamics Conference (ENOC), 2014 (pdf).
- M. Kobilarov, Gaurav S. Sukhatme, Jerrold Marsden, Sampling-based Planning for Sensor Scheduling in Constrained Environments, a condensed version of the paper Global estimation in constrained environments, 2011 (pdf).
Technical Notes / Other
- M. Kobilarov, “Gyroscopic Obstacle Avoidance in 3-D”,(pdf)
- Marin Kobilarov, Discrete Geometric Motion Control of Autonomous Vehicles. 2008. (pdf).
- The Equations 8 and 9 in the article are only approximations and have been incorrectly introduced in the published paper. This version of the article corrects the introduction of the equations to note that they are only approximate. This change does not have any effect on the results shown in Section V which use the approximate equations in the distance computations.